While there are many different factors that help a website to rank well in Google, building solid backlinks remains the number one way to boost your search engine position. It’s also the best way to drive targeted traffic to your site. Below are five reasons that your website needs to have backlinks pointing to it.
#1. Domain and Page Authority
The more high-quality links a page on your website has, the its page authority will be. This also extends to your entire website in that the more quality links it has, in total, the higher its domain authority will be. These two factors help to determine how high a page on your website will rank in Google. The higher the page authority, the higher that single page will rank, and the higher your domain authority is will affect the chances that any page on your website has to rank higher in Google. Since higher rankings mean more traffic to your website, there is no excuse to not begin building quality backlinks to your site, today. You can navigate here to discover more about the types of link building strategies that work.
#2. Your Brand Is Important
High quality websites that link to your website are giving their readers an indication that they agree with what is on your website. But you can take this a step further and publish guest posts on other websites that not only will link to yours, but that will also help your brand to look better. After reading quality guest posts that you’ve written, people will be more inclined to come on over and check out what you have to offer. This scenario is a win-win for you and your website, because on top of a backlink that may drive your search ranking up, you will also receive direct traffic and a boost to the authority of your brand. Since brand signals make up a decent portion of Google’s many ranking factors, it is pretty important to build yours up.
#3. You Will Get More Referral Traffic
As mentioned in the previous section, backlinks can bring some people directly to your website. Too many website owners get lost in the hunt for backlinks that will raise their authority when the other point of focus should always be on building backlinks that will bring immediate traffic to their site. This is especially true in today’s world as the traffic that comes from search engines represents roughly 47% of all of the traffic that will come to your website. Is this a large chunk of the total amount? Yes. But that still leaves 53% of the rest of your traffic, which comes from other sources, including direct clicks on the backlinks that you or your digital marketing agency has worked hard to build.
If getting traffic to your website is important to you, and it should be, then you will want to ensure that you are doing something to build backlinks to your website. In …